Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Moscow Kasko!!!

I am looking for the cab driver who has to pick me up. I don't know him and I don't know his language.

As Bee hovers over the flowers, I see many taxi drivers wanting to pocket a Foreign Brown Desi not knowing he is Indian or Bangladeshi or Pakistani. That is how he earns extra filthy bucks - Everywhere Story.

At a distance, I see a guy standing, holding my client's placard. I rush to him, He takes me to his car.

On the way to the parking lot, When I just stepped out of the airport... I can feel the twinge of the cold weather... Is Moscow living up to the expectations being a cold city????

I can feel my ears being pulled apart... my nasal airways are finding it hard to control breathe.... my numb hands are hiding under the pockets.... My first time in a sub zero temperatures.... Once inside the cab.... Aah.... what an help!!!

The road to the city from Domodedovo International Airport is vastly deserted for some kilometers with a lot of cars on the way to Airport. The road is wide and slippery...

I tried to converse with the cab driver... He replies in Russian... I speak English... tried universal language... the sign language... did not work!!!!... then comes the miracle... he grabs his smart phone.. opens up a app.... asks me to type English... it just translated to Russian.... and he just the reverse.... It helped!!! Otherwise it was Mute journey to the Grand Marriott Moscow.





605 was my room number. Well, Big room indeed. Cozy Bed - Dozed Off.




No comments:

Post a Comment