Monday, February 22, 2016

Finding kleptomaniac - The Background!!!

       You read it right... It was a sort of big adventure. I never went in search of a person. What made this adventure more challenging was we were in search of a kleptomaniac who is a dumb and deaf thief! This may look surreal and fictional but it is a true story to detail.

      His name is Subbu. He is 19 years. He is dumb and deaf. He lost his parents when he was young. His mother because of birth related issues and his father due to liver damage caused by alcohol. He stays with his mother's brother.

     14 months back, he started working at my aunt's house in Kadapa. My Aunt is a very nice woman. She does not even harm an insect. She took care of him well as he is dumb and deaf as well as an orphan. He used to sleep in the same house. My brother has even bought him an hearing machine.

    He traveled with my aunt's family everywhere they go. I gave him money whenever he asked me and same was the case with my aunt My mother liked him too. Though he was from other community, we never illtreated him.

   It all started in August 2015. When I visited my Aunt's House, I lost around 4k but I never doubted him. Peddamma and Peddananna traveled with us to Hyderabad and Subbu also traveled with them. The very night we reached home,  he bought a new smartphone. You would be thinking what will DnD do with a smartphone. This guy is a clever DnD. I had doubts but my opinion about him was so good that it made me think that he bought it with his money. This is the first instance, I made a mistake.

    In December 2015, my brother was installing Saraswathi Vigraham(statue)  in the govt high school which was built by our grandfather. My elder brother has asked Subbu to get the books so that he can donate them to the school students. When he got the books, he searched for 2000 INR which he kept in the books but could not find the money. He asked Subbu about it but Subbu denied taking the money. My elder brother's opinion about Subbu was so good that he thought the money would have fallen off. This is the second mistake, this time it was my brother's.

   In January 2016, Subbu stole a gold chain in his relative's House. He was also able to draw bank loan on collateral. No one can imagine a DnD can do that but he did. He took the money and traveled to Secunderabad and then to Kolkata. He spent all money and got nowhere to go. He came back. His relatives manhandled him and his uncle has to write a financial bond with the bank and return the gold chain. Then only we recognized,  he is a thief. But again on request of my brother,  my Peddamma took him for work. This is the third mistake.

   On Feb 21, My uncle got to know that 34000 INR was missing from his purse which he kept aside to pay a bill. And Subbu was nowhere to be found!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment