Monday, February 1, 2016

Miss - Part 1 of the Short Story Series 'Missing'

                               It is a winter evening. The breeze from the feet of Lord Venkateswara is hitting my forehead, calming my nerves and pushing me into a deep sleep. But I should not sleep. Not now at least as I will be missed again. The general compartment in the Venkatadri express is so crampy. I see a lot of tonsured heads, a lot of smiling faces and kids savoring the world famous Tirupathi laddus. This reminds me of yesterday's morning. My mother treated me to the laddu with her loving hands. 
           
                              I miss resting my head on my mother's lap and slipping into sleep dreaming about being spiderman. Spiderman reminds current me. Just that he did not know that he had parents and I can not find my parents.

                             My name Y Veera Venkata Sai Balaji. I hate having a long name. Call me Balu, ABCDEFG. I am 6 years old. I am studying in the first standard at Johnson grammar school. We stay in Sweet Home apartments in Tanaka. Thank God for giving me teachers who make me by heart who I am and where I am from. Because these details come handy when I am missing.......

Part I of my new short story...Hope you like it and Encourage me to write more!


2 comments: