Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Run - Part 2 of the Short Story Series 'Missing'

                        I did not try to remember the names of the stations which have passed by as I am not concerned about them. My only goal is to reach Kachiguda railway station. Oh, I forgot to tell you how I got missed right. It starts right at Kachiguda station.

                        My father and my mother wanted to go to Tirumala for my sister's Thala Nelalu(offering of hair). My grandma,  grandpa, aunts and uncles joined us forming a big entourage. I was excited about the trip as I get to take leave and as well as I get to taste the Tirupathi Laddu. I wanted to take Kashvi with me to Tirupathi. Kashvi is my benchmate and is a very naughty girl. Sadly, her mother turned down my request to take her with me. I guess if she was with me in the train, she would be crying all the time and scaring the shit out of me. So,  we took Venkatadri express to Tirumala. The train started at 20 05 and reaches Tirupathi at 07 30. It was night and I was not getting sleep because of a pray group on the next compartment. They were reciting Keerthanas all night. I do not understand how the God understands them.

                         I have a Muslim friend who speaks Urdu. He prays to his God in Urdu. I pray to our gods in Telugu. I have a Marwadi friend who prays to the same gods I pray in his mother tongue. How does God understand all the languages?  Does each God has a designated language?  How about sign language? If he understands every language,  then he has to be the father of Google translator. But there was no Google search engine a decade ago or a century ago. Then what is God?

                          We will come back to it later after I complete my story. So I was not getting sleep and I did not sleep the entire night. As soon as we stepped in Tirumala, We went to Income Tax guest house -  one of pros of being part of Government services. Within no time, we were ready and were at Tirumala. We got a VIP pass because my father had contacts. So we were lucky to have everything arranged but everyone would not be that lucky right. So,  this is what I do not understand,  if you want to meet someone and that someone is the king of your religion. That king has to treat everyone the same and everyone should go through  the same ordeal right?  Who am I to comment!!

                                     We completed our Darshan. My sister is looking very beautiful with a tonsured head. I kept teasing her - calling her 'Gundu' - 'Gundu Boss' .  As part of our Darshan,  we got some laddus. My father wanted to buy some more laddus and me too. I just kept following my dad to laddu counter. He wanted to carry me so that I don't get missed in the flood of people. But I am adamant and I kept telling him I am a big kid and he need not worry about me. For some time, My dad kept looking back to confirm if I am following him. I was. Near laddu counter building, there were too many people. Suddenly, I lost sight of my dad. I got frightened. At the far end, I found dad walking. I ran towards him.

It was not my dad - a look alike!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment