Saturday, February 6, 2016

Hope - Part 3 of the Short Story Series 'Missing'

          I kept shouting 'nanna'  'nanna'  on top of my voice.  No one heard me. My voice was dead. I kept running and running but did not find my family. Tears rolled down my cheeks. How could I find them when I am a small guy with a dead voice and small red eyes which can only see a small world. Suddenly, I was caught by my hand.  The little dying hope was fired. But to my disappointment, it was a constable!
       
        He repeatedly asked me who I was, What I was running for! I wanted to speak my heart out but can not spit the words out. I am in a trauma. A trauma which I never experienced. A trauma, so engulfing, that it took my voice. Literally,  the experience made me a dumb lifeless human.
        
       He took me to a place. He gave me some water and made me relax. I told him everything in the hope of meeting my family. But my fate had another twist. The constable changed his clothes and took me out. He was in a hurry. I was silent in the hope of meeting my parents and I kept looking for my parents. I saw many doppelgangers. We reached our destination. It was far from the main temple. This area looked backward. The men looked scary and the women were with scars on their faces. By now, I understood that I was in wrong hands and it is going to be Rollercoaster ride.

But "Hope is a good thing may be best of the things and no good thing ever dies"!













No comments:

Post a Comment