Monday, September 3, 2012

My convocation day.....

Aug 31st - a day to be remembered...

Woke in the morning at 6:30 AM. Sameep, Himanshu and Ranjit are asleep. Mihir was on phone. I am yet to get trousers(from tailor) and shirts(from laundry). I drove the bike to both the stores at 7 AM. None were open. My heart sunk. I went to a barber to have a shave. And again drove over the stores. "None were open!". Back to apartment. Kept calling the number on the slip(tailor's). "No reply". I did not have another dress washed/ as a substitute of 'just-in-case'. Alas!

I was searching all over the apartment so that I can get a 'danka kapada' to put on and show up at convocation. suddenly, my mobile rung. Call from the tailor!!. Went to tailor and got the trousers :) :D. BTW went to laundry store- not yet opened!! :(.. Asked the near-by shows and decided not to waste any time. Went straight to the apartment, Took a shirt and ironed it. Took a bath, put on clothes. Took 'set wet'(:P) deodorant and sprayed it over entire dress(you know any engg graduate's shirt won't be washed for a minimum of  a month!).

On bike to convocation with Sameep. Got an hour to meet friends and spoke on different issues and missed those who did not show up. Convocation started, quiet boring actually, you know all the rules n stuff!. After the ceremony, everyone was beaming to cameras. the entire hall is radiating the happiness of the graduates. Institute lunch was ok ok period.

Was sick of the flashes of cameras. Went to flat, changed the clothes and dived into swimming pool!...

What I wrote is entirely materialistic...  What I felt is entirely different.. A all total different feel when I registered for the first semester when I was unknown and others are strangers.. Now, I know everyone one of them, what they are n what they will be.. I know the bonding I shared with them.. I know what I hated the most and What I liked the most... Hell with what I know... I just miss you all....


I remember Siddharth working out in my room in 1st year at IIT Kgp. I remember me and Danish playing Ping- Pong and Tennis. I remember those nights filled with Volley ball and cricket. It took 7 months to know the guys who are going to study at IIT bhubaneswar. A wonderful trip to Bhubaneswar on Feb 12th is soo superb that till now i reminisce those moments.

Thanks Chandrika and Gaurav for getting along with me in labs. Abhimanyu Panwar, I missed you a hell lot in convo, you are genious, meet you some day soon. Deepak, Avinash, Santosh, Siddharath, Surya and Aravind , you will remain my best buddies... Vkc, siva, ghanta, levi and sai krishna, I hope you will remember as 'killjoy'. Asish and gang(Awani, cheeku, jandu, mayank, ajay,Rohin), hope u will miss me finding a guy like me to prank. Kiran, chandan and sukirtha, though the ultra-social but simple. Pkc, anu, bharat, sudheer, suresh- talk only cricket, see only tollywood movies. Himanshu "mein pair sey martha hain''(you took a toll on my Hindi diction)... Mihir, Vasu and sahil the educators!!.... Sahil, you are good at heart, be good at work too.. Special to mention Radhakanth (Please dont share secrets with this fatso)the gossipmonger!! Anuj and sujit - Fundebhaji bandh kar!! :P

I might missed some but I will make sure they will not miss me.. SO here it is "My convocation feelings"
Pic on convocation day
   

2 comments:

  1. ur post made me remember my convocation day....b tech memories flashing through my mind....good one yella.

    ReplyDelete