Thursday, December 6, 2012

Logical Child!

                In our Childhood, A day never goes by, without us struggling to stand on our feet. A day never goes by, without us doing everything to get what we want(sometimes we deserve!). A day never goes by, without us questioning everyone about everything. A day never goes by, without us dreaming to be superman, spiderman and  some alien with super natural powers from an alien planet. Haan, Those were the days.Here is an instance where every other child like me tried a way to become un-noticed, invisible and invincible.

My mom put Rs 10(Then in 90s, 10 rs is great amount! ) in a Hundi(Pooja room). And told us not to take the money, explaining us that god will be very angry and send us to hell, if we take the money!. My bro, my cousin and me are quite scared and decided not to take the money(Though we always used to entice our parents to give money for one thing or other- ice-creams, chocolates and cakes especially).

Here I am, intending to get the money and buy a cricket ball(as I lost a cricket ball the preceding day!). My brain started functioning like a racing horse, making its own strategies, theories, conclusions and betrayal!. I always had this doubt, Brain or heart? which one makes the decision? you decide!

How to get the money?
Case 1:
Let say if I took it without informing my brothers. My mom would come to know that money is missing, she would call my brothers and me, ask about the money. Both the brothers would say 'no', me being the rigid here would definitely say 'no'. Then she would ask to tell the truth, I would repeat the same. Nothing will happen but I feel guilty for stealing the money and lying to my mom for just Rs 10. The feeling of guilty is very hard to deal with.
Case 2:
When my mom asked me who did it? I might have made our maid a scapegoat. Though I may feel guilty for that, my mom would not be looking at me or us that these children are 'badmaash' and would take every measure to ensure that we never come to know about money. But here, I would be committing the third sin.
Case 3:
I could make a pact with my bros. We form a team and take the money. When mom asks, we all answer the same, we did not take it. The feeling of guilt is shared by all of us. As we knew, mom would forget about it. But it is bad because I am lying to the woman who gave me this world.

However in all the cases, I/we should always try to hide the cricket ball from mom because once she finds out that we have a ball, questions arise. She would come to know that we took the money. So all the cases are bad. The only true thing which I should do is, go up to her and ask her 'Mommy, I need a cricket ball, I will pay you back when I grow older'. She unhesitatingly will give me the money. Right??

I faced these kind of situations many a times at different ages. But its our duty to not to hurt parents and not to feel guilt for a step which never should have happened in the first place. Hope you all do the same.

Be a logical child!!

Logical Child



3 comments: