Tuesday, December 4, 2012

My BhuBaneSwaR - Part 1

It would be tough for me to write a critique on Bhubaneswar. First of all, I don't belong here. Secondly my purview will be limited... But for almost last 3 years and 5 months of my life, I have been in Bhubaneswar. Being a outsider, I am may be bit judgmental in my view about the city. So, Here it is....


Its 20th July'09, 9 PM, the Prashanti Express is slowing down, honking, braking,screeching.... Finally,  Here I am at BBSR Rly station after getting a tatkal ticket on IRCTC. It was easy then, though I paid for the  price of entire train's journey  plus 150 bucks. Nevertheless I reached BBSR safely. Its the first time I saw BBSR station though I traveled through the station from IIT Kgp to my home(Coz Sleep was the only thing I do on trains). The station is newly constructed one. The walls were made of redstone(might well painted  reddish brown), the traditional color painted all over Odisha. And the third language on the speaker "gaadi nambare eke duyi chare thini..." struck me as alien language. Among those unknown and unacquainted faces, A familiar face caught my glimpse, there he is, Pradosh at the receiving end. Took me to the bus, There are more familiar faces, :p, sravanthi chandrika, Karthik Reddy, Swathi.. OMG! Finally...

The very first day, I got to know, 'dada' in Bengali is 'Bhaina' here. I cant post my every detail at BBSR right?.. Here comes the part where I actually made something out of this place.

After the college, I decided never to come back this place, But my fate does not love me, its fucking retard and always likes to harass me every possible way, Deloitte happened dot(Those who do not know, joining got postponed by 6 months). I had done my 3rd year internship at Verve Bhubaneswar, where I met some of the very cool other IITians. The fastest thing I can do is mail him for internship position again. Got it, back again in BBSR.

These 5 months, I should say, is Eye-opener to me. It changed my thought process. It made me to be much more patient, corrected my attitude, to cling to my destiny and to love Odisha. These 5 month period, I made serious detailing of this place, which I would say the right place to be at this time.

I would tell why it is the place to be right now in part 2.

For guys who know bhubaneswar and who do not know bhubaneswar, read this page
Bhubaneswar

P.S : You can find many 'Bihars' in Bhubaneswar where as there is only one outside of Odisha !




Bhubaneswar surroundings







No comments:

Post a Comment