Saturday, December 8, 2012

My BhuBaneSwaR - Part 2

The last 5 months :

I have been working at Verve(Check my last post!). I ended on a rather interesting note : "The better place to be right now in India is Bhubaneswar". Right now, I can say, I have every right reason to say so.

Bhubaneswar is tier-2 city just like Pune. But as you well know, There is a big difference between Pune and Bhubaneswar presently. That can be attributed to location of the city, age of the city, governments in the respective state, climate of the city, nature of industries. Apparently film industry and tourism play a major role. Bhubaneswar has pluses when compared to Pune. It just happened that Pune grew faster due to some windy changes. Being closer to Mumbai, being cultural capital of Maharastra, the establishment of IT and automation industry and several factors helped Pune to become what it is today.

On the other side, Bhubaneswar is a planned city which just started(Modern city was designed in 1946 and came into existence in 1948 when it was made capital city of Orissa!), though the Ancient has an history that lasts from 3000 years.  Though I am not here to tell you about the history of Bhubaneswar, I can suggest this link for a good and clear understanding of Bhubaneswar. Check this

There are primarily 4 factors to be taken under consideration when one is evaluating a city - Demographics, Economy,Transport and Education. Here I dwell into them

  1. Demographics
  2. Economy
  3. Transport
  4. Education

Stayed Tuned for further information in my next post about Bhubaneswar.







No comments:

Post a Comment