Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Choice & Decision...





“Alice came to a fork in the road. 'Which road do I take?' she asked.
'Where do you want to go?' responded the Cheshire Cat.
'I don't know,' Alice answered.
'Then,' said the Cat, 'it doesn't matter.”  - Alice in the wonderland

What choice do I have? What decision should I make? are two daunting questions which haunt us through our entire life. Why do we always think making a choice is a scaring thing?. It's simply because we don't know the consequences of making that choice!. What actually is the difference between Choice and decision? I wish to put it this way, Choice has endless possibilities like a scalar quantity, you can use permutations and combinations and probability but u finally end up at a point where you have make a decision. And decision should have direction like a vector quantity, you have make a decision in a right manner so that you do not end up being debacle or a ridicule!


Being a engineer, I will have my own way of treating choice and decision as simple as scalar and vector quantities.. but don't you think they are behind my scientific explanation?... It takes 'GUTs' to make a decision among endless hypotheses and you should not regret the choice you made at the end of the day...


Keep your guts intact to make a choice & decision!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment